Privacy and Cookies Policy
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/18, and the implementation of The General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR as it is more commonly known which replaces the EU Data Protection Directive (and 1998 Data Protection Act in the UK).
What we collect
We may explicitly collect the following information:
- Your name
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Access information including reasonable adjustments required for your attendance at a performance
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
Where we require this information, it is collected to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We keep internal records about attendees to ensure performances can take place securely, safely and efficiently, and/or to improve our products and services
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We (and Spektrix) may contact you directly by email or telephone in direct connection with a performance you have purchased a ticket for – to provide booking confirmations/receipts, updates about returns or refunds, to give you full information about a performance including timings, locations and access information, and about refreshments available before, during and after the performance. We may additionally contact you directly by email or telephone in direct connection to the performance in question with requests for feedback, surveys, and to ensure that your experience at The Chelsea Theatre was satisfactory.
- Marketing purposes. If (and only if) you sign up to our mailing list through this website or while booking tickets, we may periodically send promotional emails about new productions, products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for marketing research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail where (and only where) you have provided such permissions.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other services or websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Additionally, we may embed content or services hosted by third party websites, who may in turn store their own Cookies or collect their own information. Services regularly used on this website include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, there will be a tickbox that you can choose not to click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under The General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR as it is more commonly known which replaces the EU Data Protection Directive (and 1998 Data Protection Act in the UK). If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to The Chelsea Theatre, 7 World’s End Place, London, SW10 0DR.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How long we will keep your data?
We may keep details of your order with us, aggregated details of your ticket sales via the platform, and your contact details on file while you remain a customer, and for six years after.
Where you sign up to The Chelsea Theatre’s mailing list we will keep your name and email address for up to six years after your last interaction with us.
We may keep a record of any details relating to any dispute between us, or relation to a ticket sale at The Chelsea Theatre for six years after it was closed.